Catalyst is a marketing agency that combines complex data analysis, experience design and marketing technology to help clients develop more profitable relationships with their customers.
We offer an exciting, energizing environment where strategic thinking is valued at all levels and where you’re constantly challenged to improve our clients’ marketing program results.
The Director of Analytics will be responsible for continuing to develop Catalyst’s analytical services offering by providing valuable and actionable insights about consumer behavior across all channels and leveraging those insights to help our clients build customer value.
Our ideal candidate is a hands-on solutions person – proactive, dynamic, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Six to seven years’ experience performing marketing and customer analysis, including hands-on work with large-scale datasets to build predictive models and segmentations for direct marketing
- Degree in data science, statistics, economics, applied mathematics or equivalent quantitative background
- Three years’ experience leading and managing analytic projects and teams
- Proficient with industry standard analytic tools and technologies such as Microsoft Excel, SQL, SAS, and SPSS
- Significant experience designing and measuring direct marketing campaigns and tests
- Understanding of database architecture and familiarity with reporting platforms such as Cognos and Tableau
- Experience with web analytics
- Team player yet aggressive self-starter who adapts easily to changing work requirements in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to balance high-quality standards with schedule pressures, as well as thrive in a fast-paced, sales-focused environment
- Team orientation, client service focus and strong leadership skills
- Highly articulate in both oral and written communications, including presentations, with the ability to logically translate and disseminate analytical insights to non-analytical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to employ diplomacy and strategic thought leadership
- Experience working in a marketing agency or similar environment
Essential Job Results
- Establishes Catalyst’s analytical objectives
collaborating with managing directors; accessing and evaluating client needs; keeping abreast of industry trends; researching opportunities.
- Accomplishes analytical objectives
developing strategies and plans; identifying problems; initiating programs and processes; utilizing the most appropriate tools; developing partnerships with outside suppliers; monitoring and measuring progress; evaluating results; meeting key financial metrics.
- Develops data mining, targeting and analytical product and services offering
determining client needs; keeping abreast of the latest technology and trends; identifying, selecting and using the most appropriate applications and tools.
- Grows revenue
using analytics to acquire knowledge about our clients’ consumers, gaining insight and identifying opportunities; making recommendations; responding to RFPs; participating in new business pitches.
- Serves clients
determining client needs; understanding consumer behavior across all channels; leading analytical program development; performing data mining; developing hypotheses; making strategic recommendations; designing tests; building models and segmentations; preparing reports; analyzing marketing program performance; ensuring client satisfaction.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
participating in industry trade groups; attending educational seminars and conferences; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking best practices.
- Contributes to corporate effort
participating in executive team initiatives; achieving related results as needed.
Environment: Upbeat. Positive. Goal-oriented. Team atmosphere.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, you will be contacted only if the search committee feels that your qualifications meet our requirements.